Whether we like it or not we have to take it, the fuel price hike that is, unless of course we get a new government which would not renege on its promise to bring down the price. So here's the deal. We will suffer in silent, okay, make it, I will suffer in silent, coz I can't speak for the others, if the government promises to do the following.
1. All government ministers must pay for their own fuel. Their children, wives and mistresses must also pay for fuel themselves. They must never accept anyone giving them treats of free petrol.
2. All government functions must not include meals for the invited dignitaries. At most only teh-o or kopi-o or mineral water. All ministers must eat either at home or at stalls. No minister or high officials are to eat at hotels or posh restaurants. Ministers must eat ubi kayu at least one day in a week.
3. The above people can never accept any invitations for meals, be it breakfast, lunch, high tea or dinner. In short, no belanja.
4. No gifts is to be given to any government officials and ministers.
5. There should not be any all expenses paid trips for holidays for any ministers, serving or retired.
6. No spouse is allowed to go for any official overseas trip and official overseas trip should be limited to only once in 3 months.
7. All government advisors do so for free. They could be given phone and broadband allowance.
8. The government promises to credit the savings they claim they would make when they raise fuel prices into a joint account under the name of the PM and the Opposition Whip. Only the parliament with a 2/3 support could approve any spending of this fund.
9. All government ministers and high officials must send their children to local government aided schools. If there are any studying overseas, they must be called back home immediately.
10. Government high officials and ministers must only drive Malaysian made cars. No Mercedeses, BMWs Ferraris and the likes. Not only are they banned from driving imported luxury cars, they and their spouses and children cannot own any.
11. Oh I forgot, all government ministers, MPs, ADUNs, Commission chairmen (like SPR etc) Ketua Pengarahs must declare the assets to the people, not to some idiot who would file the stuffs and let those files collect dusts. These declarations must be made public. This also over their spouses, children, parents and siblings. Lawmakers and state reps from opposition controlled states are also not exempted.
These are only some of my demands and I know some are doable and some are damn downright stupid but it makes me happy if they can do it. I also know they will not agree to even one so it looks like the war is not over. I will continue to make noise because I know in the not too distant future, I am doing to get hurt real bad with paying extra for fuel, food, electricity and the inevitable price increase of most other things and services. Am I wrong to make noise? Am I wrong to say out loud that I am not happy? Am I wrong to be skeptical of this regime?
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (141)
- SAIFUL BAHARI AZLAN 2
- SAIFUL BAHARI AZLAN
- Here We Go Again
- Please sir I am from .....
- The Statement
- Fasa 2
- My God What Next
- Usul Naik Harga
- He did it again
- Do The Right Thing
- Corners to cut
- Heads I Win Tails You Lose
- Double Parking
- Resign 2
- Pengumuman Sebenar
- No, Not Again.
- Demo Lagi
- Lagi Elaun
- Apa ni? Perli ka?
- Kesian kat budak-budak tu.
- Awang Delivers
- Ever After
- Berpeluh Aku
- Can You Do This?
- The Day I Experienced History
- Ada Hikmahnya.
- Rising Fuel Cost, Fuels Rising Temperatures
- My two cents.
- Lelong, Lelong, Murah, Murah
- Pembelot Murahan
- Santana. Samba Pa Ti & Europa
- ▼ June (33)