A very scary thing happened to my husband’s colleague yesterday.
Somebody claiming to be the colleague called the daughter’s school and told the school authorities that “he” will fetch her and that she is NOT to get on the school bus. The impostor introduced himself using the colleague’s full name and gave the daughter’s full name as well. Add to that the fact that the impostor knew the daughter rides the school bus and it is very very scary indeed.
When I sent my son to kindergarten this morning, I informed his principal about it so that she is aware of this and to take the necessary precautions. In turn, she told me about an incident yesterday as well. 2 men came to the kindergarten kononnya to ask about enrolment. The principal told me, “In my 10 years of experience in running a kindergarten, no parent has ever asked me these type of questions.” They asked how many children at the kindergarten? How many Malay/ Indian/Chinese boys, girls? What do their parents do? They didn’t give out any of that information and instead went straight to make a police report.
While it is the school’s responsibility not to simply release a child, parents should also:
1. Drive the point home to our children not to ever, EVER, go with a stranger even if they look /sound nice (”it’s ok, your Mummy asked me to fetch you”) or if the intention seems good (”can you help me look for my lost cat?”)
2. Keep the school authorities updated if our contact numbers change - house, handphone, office numbers - so we are easily contactable.
The phone number for Bilik Gerakan Polis is 03 20529999 if ever you need it.
First thing first. This matter should be reported not only to the police but also to the Ministry of Education. The MOE should come out with a comprehensive guideline as soon as possible. If there is already one, is it up to date. Just send a reminder.
This is not a play thing. This is serious.
Tuesday, 5 February 2008
I am going to exactly what is in this entry at AISEYMAN because I feel this is an important entry to us Malaysians. I do not know if there is any copyright. I do not to just create a link because I believe people tend to skip the link. This is an important matter
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (141)
- The Rescue
- What If They Are Not In Politics?
- Katataknak is One Year old Today
- Addendum to Manifesto
- I Promised My Dad To Be A Good Boy
- Service Addicts
- Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles living for the city
- LIAR LIAR PT 2
- LIAR LIAR PT 1
- Last But Not So Last
- Coffee Anyone?
- My Sweet Rose
- Rezeki Tok
- Dia Orang Sayang Sama Saya
- The Last Cabinet Meeting
- Everything Is About Politics
- 2 Budak Hitam
- All Over
- HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR
- Parents Beware
- It Is Not Easy To Let Go
- Stop Fighting, This Is Not Your Father’s Country
- Awards Anyone?
- ▼ February (25)