First I read about this from Zorro who was alerted by his Hantu. I immediately crossed over to Malaysian Insider and below is what I got.
More to come
KUALA LUMPUR, May 19 — News reports say former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has quit the ruling party after a long feud with his successor Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi.
Star online and Malaysiakini news portals say Mahathir is quitting the United Malays National Organisation party with immediate effect. He is urging other members to do the same.
Malaysiakini said Dr Mahathir announced this at a speech in Kedah earlier today.
It quoted him as saying: "I will only come back to the party when there is a change in leadership." He said his decision is a sign of no-confidence in the leadership of Prime Minister Abdullah.
Mahathir appointed Abdullah to succeed him in 2003 when he retired after 22 years as prime minister. But the two fell out within a year. — AP
The question is,
1. What is he up to? He asked others to follow him so will Mukhriz be the first? After their 2 hour meeting, would Najib also jump into this new unbaptised ship? Would Ku Li also do likewise?
2. Is he doing it to gauge the support he has?
3. The moment there are others who follow him, UMNO and thereby BN would be weaker so what does this signal? Would his followers be independent independents or would they be BN supporting independents who could hold Pak Lah at ransom?
4. Is he trying to get enough numbers to be Kingmaker? Should he get more than 30 followers, wouldn't Dollah be hardpressed to retain his premiership and thereby concede certain conssesions like closing an eye on the Lingam fiasco or even offer PR his people's support for the same conssesion?
5. After playing the racial card, would he also be inviting non Malay MPs to join him?
The game is getting very interesting. Is PR ready.
He has performed a well choreographed sandiwara before where Rafidah clung to him tearing her hairs off, though I am sure she regrets it now, and said he was resigning. The script then was for someone to 'pujuk the cry-baby' into not resigning, and that sulky old man finally acceded to the 'appeals' of the members.
I wouldn't be surprise if very soon there will be appeals after appeals by his cronies but made to sound as if it was from the majority of UMNO leaders and members and he finally retracts his resignation thus slapping Pak Lah in the face. Just a thought.
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (141)
- I hereby quit the opposition
- Bolasepak Di Parlimen
- What a start.
- Nak Menang Macam Mana?
- Some Blues For The Flu
- Flu anyone?
- Manchester United Are Double Champions
- Don't hump with a broken pump.
- Seloka Letak Jawatan
- Mahathir Quits UMNO?
- Blackmail vs Blackmail
- Macam-Macam Hari Ada
- Hepi Ticher Dei
- Something I dug at YouTube.
- Negara lain Lagi Teruk
- What Rice? Eat Potatoes la.
- Nak recycle pun tak laku.
- Who should be charged?
- The Great Escape
- Manchester United Are The 2007-2008 English Premie...
- It is Not Archaic
- Deaths at Khidmat Negara Camps: The Solution
- Public kan ia.
- Dah nasib engkau la badan!
- Please Let Sanity Prevail
- Beras oh beras, kenapa engkau kurang?
- Do you lick your envelope?
- Pembohong Besar
- Justice For Raja Petra Kamaruddin
- What’s Up
- Ikhlas la sikit. Malu saja.
- Bad Malaysian Overseas
- Minimum Wage
- Ketuanan Melayu
- Happy Birthday Son
- Same old song: Malay Unity, but pitching lari la.
- Seloka Hari Pekerja
- ▼ May (38)