Let me introduce you to the people you see in the banner up there. Why are they up there? They are my life.
1. Of course my wife (Asma Bee) comes first. I'd had it if I were to put her anywhere but first. Yes, she is first indeed. We've been married for close to 28 years now. Tell you a secret. She is actually my cousin. She is the youngest child of my late mother's eldest sister. The truth, she was not my first choice, no she wasn't a choice at all. She knows it. My late father adored her and to please him who was quite unwell when I was asked for the umpteenth time, I agreed. I am glad I did coz he died knowing that I am marrying his choice. My own choice was a no no coz her mum had other ideas. I am glad I married her coz she has been a faithful and loving wife. I don't know what I would do without her.
2. Then comes my eldest daughter, Mazira Nazir. She will be 27 this august, born exactly 9 months 10 days from the day I got married. Sharpshooter eh! When she was born in the Penang GH I was in Kelantan. She understands me completely. Just two weeks ago she bought me a Bonia sandal. I said no coz it was too expensive but she can be very stubborn. She is a bank clerk with CIMB.
3. Next to her is her husband Mashal Faizal. He is 30 and is also a clerk with CIMB. The love of my daughter's life is also the love of my life. He is like a son to me. He is rather quite. Maybe he married into the wrong family coz he is a diehard Liverpool fan living in Manchester United's den. Everyone else accept my wife who knows nothing about football are Manchester United fanatics.
4. Next is my son, Muneer Khan Nazir 23. It was very difficult for me to give in to him to go into the music industry but he loved singing too much so I gave in. He is currently with a Hip Hop group Urban Method and has cut their first album Evolusi which is not doing too well. Their hit single Wajah Rahsia Hati featuring the original singer Ogy Ahmad Daud did make it to no 2 in the Radio Era charts and stayed in the charts for a few weeks. He is still struggling. He intends to move to KL this August and I reluctantly agreed. I pray that he has made the right decision coz I would only blame myself if he bombed.
5. Next to him is his girlfriend Phone, 23. She is a Thai student in KDU Penang. She comes from Bangkok and presently is still a Buddhist. She has been staying with us for the past 9 to 10 months at my request. If she is going to learn anything about Islam then she should stay with a Muslim family. If she fancies Islam then convert if not then don't but that would mean no marriage. After getting her diploma she would be going to New Zealand to do her degree. I pray that their relationship lasts. I cannot get involved, this is their lives.
6. My youngest daughter is Mazira Nazir 20. She is very 'manja' especially with me. Her mother would tease her that I was the one who gave birth to her. I worry about her too. Early last year she was offered a place in the SPT Politeknik where she spent only a week. I had to go over everyday coz she was giving me so much problem and in the end I had to take her home. She is currently helping her mother caring for the 5 lovely angels. No luck yet with seeking employment.
My wife started baby sitting 10 years ago. A couple who happens to be friends of her niece desperately needed someone to care for their soon to be delivered baby and since we too needed the money, my wife agreed and like they say the rest is history.
7. Danial 10. He is the eldest of the 5. He is very good with computers. He loves strategy games and can sit in front of the computer for hours. In fact, this computer is more his than mine. He sleeps over when ever he feels like it and that is quite often.
8. Then there is Nur Sabrina 8. She is a real talkative girl and I know she is my wife's favourite. Don't get me wrong, she loves the others too but Sabrina is a little bit special to her.
9. Nur Qaisara is 7. She is a little bit sickly and can't really speak that well yet but she is a real pretty girl. My wife always accuses me of favouring her but that is not true. I love all of them.
10. Nur Kamelia is next. She is 5 and is the brightest of the lot. A real talker, she can win anyone's heart with her charms. At time she can be very stubborn. She has for the past few months started to play games on this computer and they really quarrel over it.
11. The latest addition is Iskandar Zulkarnain 11 months. He is a real darling. He makes all my aches go away when I come home. The moment he sees me dressed up for school, he would crawl up to me putting his hands up. How could I refuse. When I reach home at about 7 he would be waiting and would crawl real fast to the door begging me to lift him. All my problems, worries and aches would just disappear. He stays over quite a lot.
There you are, my extended family. I may not be a rich man, but I am a happy man.
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (141)
- ► 2008 (338)
- ▼ July (9)