As in the past years, while plans for UMNO's General Assembly are in full swing, we will get statements of noble intentions by their leaders. True to form, all those assertions of nobility were mere rhetoric.
One common promise that has been made over and over again, is the war against money politics. Yes, you read it right, War Against Money Politics. What? You have heard it before? You would like to hear something new? Keep it, this charade is here to stay.
Yes, you have heard it so many times before that you must have forgotten when it all started. You will wonder will it ever stop. You doubt that there will be a cure to this ill. Well, do not be surprised if I were to say that there is indeed a cure. No, Doc Tokasid does not have a vaccine for this disease.
Let me tell Najib, who made a statement to this effect, how to 'stamp out money politics'. If he could answer YES to these questions then we are well on our way to kill money politics.
1. Can he guarantee that holding posts in UMNO means working for the people and the country and that is all there is to it.?
2. Can he guarantee that being a YB does not mean that the incumbent would be in a favourable position to amass great wealth?
3. Can he guarantee that working hard for someone to be a YB does not translate into putting oneself in a favourable climate to gain favours from the government?
4. Can he guarantee that being a YB is not equals to being given a licence to be an unofficial king.
5. Can he guarantee that being highly placed in UMNO does not mean that the whole government machinery belongs to you?
6. Can he guarantee that being very-very highly placed in government does not mean that your kins, in-laws included, would automatically be given riches and powers acceding that of an Agong?
7. Can he guarantee that being an UMNO bigwig does not mean that you are given a golden share in Judiciary Inc.
8. Can he guarantee that to be an UMNO bigwig you must enslave yourself completely at the expense of everything else?
9. Can he guarantee that by being an UMNO Taiko, the word 'commission' will cause you to vomit blood?
10. Can he guarantee that by being an UMNO 'Orang Besar' means one swears to uphold the teachings of the Quran and that one would rather be inflicted by all known cancers then to go against the teachings of the Quran?
I have given only 10. Can he guarantee that he will work and will achieve these goals? If he can answer YES to all these, then he does not have to worry about 'stamping out money politics'. It will happen naturally.
To make it simple, just in case all these are too confusing, can he swear that all UMNO big guns must swear and will practice AMAR MAKRUF NAHI MUNGKAR. If he answers yes ...... lets wait for him to say yes first.
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (53)
- ► 2009 (141)
- ► 2008 (338)
- Stop Press
- Muhammad Ali The Greatest Boxer To Ever Grace The ...
- Bruce Lee?
- Mai Agar Kahu Song from movie om shanti om
- Roti Benggali Anyone?
- Ringtone Anyone?
- It Hurts, It really Does Hurt.
- Please Sir, Can I Pay Your Phone Bill?
- Vroom, Vroom, Vrooooooooommmmm ......?
- The People's KPI Award
- Magic Formula
- My Prayers Are With You
- Don't Fuck With Me
- HAPPY DEEPAVALI
- Amar Makruf Nahi Mungkar
- ▼ November (17)